Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten #8 - Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2018

Top Ten #8 - Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2018



2018 is finally here, and it's time for me to rank my most anticipated movies of 2018. 

10. Aquaman - I would've been looking forward to this film more, had it not been for Justice League. To be quite honest, I was underwhelmed with Jason Momoa's performance as Aquaman in the film, but with the cast and crew involved, including director James Wan, as well as the fact that it's set apart from the DCEU, I do have some hope for this movie. 

9. A Wrinkle in Time - The stellar cast and crew behind the film is what elevates it to the top ten list. However, the trailers have been slightly underwhelming for me, but I Have complete faith in Ava Duvernay. The source material that they are drawing form is so rich as well, that I have faith they will make a satisfying film. 

8.  Ralph Breaks the Internet - When I first saw Wreck-it Ralph, I didn't think much of it. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized the brilliance and creativity behind the movie, and now that  sequel is coming out, I can't wait. The main cast is returning, and from the footage description from D23, this is something to get excited about. 

7. X-Men: Dark Phoenix - X-Men: Apocalypse wasn't the best film in the world, but the cast is all there and with the X-Men finally tackling the Dark Phoenix storyline, there is much to be excited about. With Simon Kinberg taking the reins, there is much to be curious about, but again, the cast has been proven to be very talented and I believe this can be a good film. 

6. Ant-Man and the Wasp - The only reasons that I haven't put this higher on my list is because nothing has been heard about it so far. All we know is the new cast additions which are very good in Lawrence Fishburne and Michelle Pfeiffer, but other than that, we know nothing about the film. Perhaps that is for the better, but all we can go off of is our excitement from the first film which was a delightful surprise form the MCU. With the same cast and crew coming back, I think that this will be a great sequel. 

5. Mowgli - This film is somewhat of a mystery. The fact that there is going to be another Jungle Book film after the truly successful adaptation by Jon Favreau. However, Andy Serkis is directing the film and he is the master of motion capture. With this film boasting another immensely talented cast including Benedict Cumberbatch, Cate Blanchett, and Christian Bale, there is reason to get excited about it. Fingers crossed that we can get another great Jungle Book movie. 

4. Solo: A Star Wars Story - The reason that this film isn't higher on my list is because of the huge production troubles. With the firing of the director and the reshooting of the entire film almost, it has me worried. But, it is a Star Wars movie, and I do think that this film will be at least "oaky". I do think though that it will be the least good of the new Star Wars films, but again, it is a Star Wars movie. 

3. Black Panther - The entire marketing for this film has been spectacular with the heavy focus on the African culture in Wakanda. After seeing Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War, I knew that this character was in the right hands. I think that this has the potential to be one of the best MCU movies to date, as it is truly a political film about the throne. It has tones from The Lion King, which really excites me, and I am truly hyped to see Chadwick Boseman in the film. In just two months by the way. 

2. The Incredibles 2 - This film embodies my childhood. This is the film that I have been looking forward to forever. With the entire cast and crew back for this film, I think that this has the potential to be an amazing sequel to an amazing film. This is my list, and since this film holds such a special place in my heart, it's up here a number 2. 

1. Avengers: Infinity War - And of course, the juggernaut of all films, Infinity War is up top at number one. People have their concerns that this film will be overcrowded, but to me, I know that the Russo brothers can handle it and I believe that it will be one of the best MCU films ever, being a satisfying conclusion to the MCU as we know it and a great launching pad to Avengers 4

No comments:

Post a Comment