Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Teaser Trailer Review

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Teaser Trailer Review




The first trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp, the sequel to the well-received and loved first heist film starring Paul Rudd, has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: Before this trailer had come out, I wasn't even thinking about this movie. I was only thinking about Black Panther and Infinity War. Who wasn't? Was anyone at all expecting this trailer to come out anytime soon? I didn't even know the tI wanted this trailer.

Yet, when this trailer did drop, I was taken completely aback in the best way possible. This trailer is awesome, and this movie is now completely on my radar. 

We see shots of Scott Lang in Captain America: Civil War, which was awesome. It was great to see a quick recap of where he last was. It also raises the question of where this movie takes place, but at this point, to those of us who have been following the MCU timeline, I think it's fair to say that this movie takes place before Infinity War and after Civil War, although who knows, seeing as Scott Lang has not been spotted in any Infinity War marketing. 

Seeing Evangeline Lily's Wasp in action was also awesome, and it looks like the trademark humor will be there, with the Hello Kitty gag and the lines spoken by Michael Douglas. 

Did it Raise Excitement? Absolutely - this movie was nowhere near my radar, but now that Iv'e seen the trailer, I am so looking forward to this film. The only question I have is where in the timeline this takes place, but other than that, I love how this trailer gets you excited without revealing too much. 

Trailer Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment