Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Venom - Official Teaser Trailer Review

Venom - Official Teaser Trailer Review




The first teaser trailer for Venom, the first movie in Sony's Spider-Man universe, has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this trailer, and to be honest, in my humble opinion, we didn't get much. This trailer wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but in my opinion, it wasn't good. 

Let me preface this by saying that I am not one of those people who insist on seeing the Venom character in the trailer. I am not one of those people who were so outraged and disappointed by not seeing Venom himself. In fact, I like that they didn't show Venom.

And I also liked the overall tone that the were setting with this first trailer - it was a nice tone for a Venom movie to take.

Yet, aside from all of that, the trailer was so generic, and so aggressively mediocre. The was what disappointed me the most. There were some shots of Tom Hardy doing random things, like running away, and of course there's the ending shot of him convulsing. But there is just nothing that interesting about this trailer at all. 

Did it Raise Excitement? Not really. Like I said earlier, this trailer had nothing much that was there to excite me and for that, I don't think it did its job. It was a "good" trailer, it was fine. But it didn't excite me at all.

Trailer Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment