Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Friday, November 23, 2018

The Lion King (2019) - Trailer 1 Review

The Lion King (2019) - Trailer 1 Review



The first trailer for live-action iteration of The Lion King has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: Let's make something abundantly clear; this was a movie that I was looking forward a lot before this trailer came out. It was definitely in my top 10 most anticipated movies of 2019, because I loved the animated Lion King and thought that if they were going to make a "live-action" version, Jon Favreau, after what he did with the Jungle Book, was the perfect guy to do that.

This is now my second most anticipated film of 2019. 

The visuals and "cinematography" of the trailer are absolutely stunning. The visuals brought back memories of the original animated film without drawing too close. There were a lot of shots that were copied straight from the animated film, but it was done stylistically that worked so beautifully.

Disney didn't pull any punches for this film; they brought back James Earl Jones who did the opening narration to this trailer. It was so amazing to hear, especially when he said "remember" at the very end.

There isn't anything else to be said for this trailer. This is one of the BEST trailers that I've ever seen. 

Did it Raise Excitement? My excitement to see this trailer, let alone the movie, was through the roof. I was looking forward to seeing how Jon Favreau delivered on his promise of a photorealistic Lion King film, one of my favorite animated films growing up. This trailer hit all the feels, every single one of them, and promised a faithful adaptation brought forth into a new light. I LOVED this trailer. It was hard to raise my excitement any further than it already is, but this trailer did it. Well done. 

Trailer Rating: INFINITY/10

No comments:

Post a Comment