Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Monday, July 17, 2017

Blade Runner 2049 - Trailer 2 Review

Blade Runner 2049 - Trailer 2 Review


The second installment in the cult-class Blade Runner has another trailer. Is it any good? We're about to find out. 

Thoughts: I was floored by this trailer. While maybe not one of the most flashy kinds of trailer, the sheer focus it had captured my attention immediately. Say what you will about Jared Leto's Joker, but my goodness, is he menacing in this trailer. From this trailer alone, I got the chills just looking at his character, seeing what his motivations are, looking to see what his schemes are. Ryan Gosling also looks like a very strong lead alongside Harrison Ford.

I once thought that Harrison Ford would have a huge role to play in the movie, much like he did in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but I feel like his role will not be very big, much like Obi-Warn in A New Hope. Nevertheless, this seems to be the Harrison Ford from Star Wars Episode 7 rather than The bored one we saw in Indiana Jones. 

To wrap up the reaction, the visuals look stunning. As far as post-apocalyptic futures go, this one is eerie, yet gorgeous to look at at the same time.

Did it Raise Excitement? This film wasn't even close to being on my radar, not because I wasn't interested, but because I hadn't seen anything that impressed me,. But after seeing this, I am finally coming around to the concept of a sequel to this film, and am definitely more excited than I was before. 



Trailer Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment