Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Monday, July 24, 2017

Justice League - Sneak Peak Review

Justice League - Sneak Peak Review



A four minute preview from Justice League has arrived form San Diego Comic Con. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: Look. I know four minutes is a lot. And I have been skeptical about this film because it's almost the same exact team from Batman v. Superman, which, if you've read my review, you know I was not big on. But. This sneak peak is great. 

I will say that this looks like all the other BvS trailers in the sense that the action looks great, and the characters look fine, but the film could be really bad. And the thing that could sink this film is narrative. There are so many characters and elements, and Zack Snyder has not been proven to be able to handle it. 

That being said, it looks good. Wonder Woman is heavily emphasized, as we suspected. And there is a nod to Green Lanterns which I thought was really clever. Flash is here, and he appears to be the comic relief, which is fine for now. And Cyborg is a very robotic kind of character. I have something to say about that. I understand that it's in character, I really do. But regardless, if it's boring, then it's boring. Who cares if it's in character. If he talks like that the entire film, I'm going to be bored out of my mind with him, and I don't care if it's in character or not. But we'll see. 

A brief look at Steppenwolf is shown, coming through a boom tube in Thymescira, which is interesting. 

And the Superman tease is good. I think this is the right way to handle the character because revealing him now is a mistake. Maybe showing the emblem at one point in the third trailer would be alright, but not showing him is a great move. 

Did it Raise Excitement? marketing has been good so far, but honestly, this hasn't exactly raised my excitement. That being said, this is a good preview, and I look forward to seeing it in the fall. 


Trailer Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment