Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Monday, April 2, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War - Trailer 2 Review

Avengers: Infinity War - Trailer 2 Review




The second and presumably final trailer for Avengers: Infinity War, the year's biggest film, has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: After that first trailer, I thought it wasn't possible to top it. I really didn't. However, after seeing this trailer, I think it topped the previous one. Somehow, some way. Because this trailer was magnificent.

I relate these two trailers for Captain America: Civil War. I thought the first trailer was out of the world amazing - and then they released the second trailer and I was absolutely blown away. 

This trailer had everything that I wanted - more focus on Thanos, more amazing shots of heroes we can't wait to see like Shuri, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Star Lord. And there was more of an emphasis on the story, with shots of various heroes and voice overs explaining Thanos' motivation.

And did I mention all the various "poster" shots? Shots like the one above as well as this one: 




made me so incredibly happy. Just so happy. 

There is one TINY little thing that bothered me about the trailer, but it didn't even have to do with the content. There was this one odd musical edit that seemed kind of jarred that I notice every time I watch the trailer. It's when Thanos smashed the Tesseract and the music seems to build to something but it falls back, before rising again. But oh well.

This trailer is gold - this is how you do a trailer, and I CANNOT WAIT for this movie. April 27th can't come any sooner. 

Did it Raise Excitement? My excitement is already at peak so no. (But YES IT DID).

Trailer Rating: 9.99/10

No comments:

Post a Comment