Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story - Official Trailer Review

Solo: A Star Wars Story - Official Trailer Review




The second and trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: I really had no anticipation for this trailer at all. For most of these big trailers, I love the lead up to them because you're sitting there, saying, "It could be here any day." For this trailer, it just came on a random Sunday, and I really had no idea it was coming until today.

And when I watched, one of the effects of what I just mentioned was that I had absolutely zero expectations entering the trailer.

And you know what? I liked it. I really did. More than the last trailer for sure. 

What I really like about this trailer is the tone - it maybe isn't as "Star Wars" as most people would like, but the tone of a fun, adventure, heist movie seems so inviting. It seems like this film will just be a blast and a breeze from start to finish.

Let's talk really quickly about Alden Ehrenreich - I think for the most part, his delivery was average at best. I think that the 190 year old line and the line where he yells "Chewie!!" were really great and seemed very much like Han Solo without being Harrison Ford. The other lines seemed rather dull. 

But other than that, the cinematography (Roger Deakins) seemed awesome, and that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to. The supporting cast (Buckle up, baby - Lando) seemed superb as well, and overall, this movie just seems fun. When I was watching this trailer, all thoughts of "behind the scenes production drama" were out the window.

Did it Raise Excitement? It did, for sure. The first trailer wasn't bad, and I rather enjoyed it more than I thought, but seeing this trailer at face value, I liked this one quite a bit. I think even though this kid (Ehrenrecih) doesn't deliver as Han Solo, there will be plenty more memorable moments to make it an enjoyable movie. 

Trailer Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete