Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Venom - Trailer 2 Review

Venom - Trailer 2 Review



The second trailer for Venom has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: Venom has been the talk of a lot of people lately as the promotional campaign ramps up. But while many people have praised the first trailer and this one as well, I'm going to go out there and say an unpopular thing, which is simply my opinion: I don't like this trailer at all.

Let's start on the positives though; I think the LOOK of Venom is terrifying and awesome, as he should be. It's creepy, disgusting, and horrifying in all the best ways; this is how Venom should have looked. I completely dig his look. 

That's about it.

The story looks absolutely so generic, and Michelle Williams looks like she's going to be wasted yet again. Tom Hardy's performance is awful, ham-fisted, and over the top. I hate his character even before I've seen the movie. I hate Eddie Brock, because there's just a level of pretentiousness about him. AGAIN, maybe that's the point, but the trailer is doing him no favors. Also, he's fairly hard to understand at the end tag-scene.

And the ending fight between Riot and Venom. That CGI mess of limbs and goo and red and white and black just rotating in slow-motion looks like an absolute mess. 

Did it Raise Excitement? Not at all. After seeing the first trailer, which I thought was absolutely atrocious, this did the film no favors. It was slightly better, but again, this film does not look good.

Trailer Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment