Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Murder on the Orient Express - Trailer 1 Review

Murder on the Orient Express - Trailer 1 Review



The first trailer for the new film Murder on the Orient Express, directed and starring Kenneth Branagh and based on the popular book series by Agatha Christie about Hercule Poirot is here. It stars Johnny Depp, Daisy Ridley, Kenneth Branagh, Michell Pfieffer and Judy Dench.

Thoughts: I think that this is a great first trailer. With an all-star cast and a great director, I believe that this film has the potential to be great. The source material is rich and easy to draw from and I think the trailer frames the who-did-it trope very nicely. I believe that Kenneth Branagh has a handle on what's going on and I think this trailer shows it, from the captions next to the people, to the horror/drama feel of this trailer.

Trailer Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment