Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Weekend Box Office Report (April 19th - April 21st)

Weekend Box Office Report (April 19th - April 21st)





Disclaimer: Every Monday, I will post the top five movies that grossed the most money DOMESTICALLY (in the United States), with some brief thoughts about each film. 

1. The Curse of La Llorona ($26.51 Million): Consider me a little surprised. I didn't think this film had an initial buzz big enough to propel it to 25 million+, but here we are. The horror genre seems to be getting back on its feet, and it's exciting to see films like this get a boost at the box office, despite some critical response that may not have been so bright. 

2. Shazam! ($17.34 Million): The film will hit a bulldozer come next week when Avengers: Endgame steamrolls over all the other competition, but it's hanging in there for now, at a respectable 17 million. It won't make much more than that, but it will indeed be profitable due to a small production budget. 

3. Breakthrough ($11.10 Million): I underestimated this movie. I really did. This film looks like it's going to be a lot more successful than I though, just like the other Christian movie that came out a couple years ago, I Can Only Imagine

4. Captain Marvel ($9.10 Million): It's back! Captain Marvel is getting a boost from a slow weekend and the impending release of Avengers: Endgame. its place on the release schedule has also allowed it to cross 400 million worldwide, and it's not going to stop. I have a feeling that because of her role in Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel will get a little more of a boost in the weeks to come as well. 

5. Little ($8.45 Million): Another film that I didn't think could make it to the top five, I believe that now this is the last week. But it made a respectable amount of money in the past couple weeks, and because of a smaller budget, looks to be fairly profitable. 

How Did I Do (Weekend Box Office Predictions)
Number of Films Correct: 3
Number of Films IN RIGHT SPOT Correct: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment