Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Thursday, June 7, 2018

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - Official Trailer Review

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - Official Trailer Review



The first trailer for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: I loved the first two How to Train Your Dragon films. They blew me away, and were, by far, the best quality Dreamworks films that I had ever seen. They were the only two animated films, in my opinion, that comes close, and even surpasses, some to some Pixar films.

And I'm going to be completely honest; I didn't like this trailer. 

Let me preface this by saying that this is not a trailer made for my demographic. This is a trailer made for kids, and in that respect, it totally works. It shows a bunch of gags that kids will enjoy immensely and will sell well when played in theaters. But in my opinion, watching the trailer, this reminded me of all the films that Dreamworks has done more in the vein of "kiddy" kinds of movies. 

THAT BEING SAID, I felt the exact same way watching the trailers for the first two films in the franchise. Those trailer hid all of the "deep", "darker" moments. So am I worried about the final product? Absolutely not. I will still be there when this film hits theaters. 

Did it Raise Excitement? Oddly enough, even though I didn't quite like the trailer, I am excited by this, simply because of the fact that this trailer reminds me of the trailers for the first two films, and I loved the first two films. 


Trailer Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment