Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Mortal Engines - Official Trailer Review

Mortal Engines - Official Trailer Review



The first official trailer for Mortal Engines has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: I had vaguely heard some rumors about this film before the trailer arrived, but really didn't know anything about it. I knew that Peter Jackson, the director behind the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings franchises, two series that I enjoyed very much, would be directing the film, but after I saw the first trailer, I am hooked.

While the acting doesn't seem all that creative/noteworthy, it was great to see Hugo Weaving. The other actors and actresses didn't look that great, which worries me slightly, but the visual scale, as well as the concept behind the film is pretty spectacular.

I did especially enjoy seeing the entire city of London flying through the sky as a "mortal engine", and it was neat seeing Hugo back in a "evil/maniacal" role. Overall, a fairly great first trailer. 

Did it Raise Excitement? Absolutely. I had vaguely heard about the film before, but now I am actually legitimately wanting to see the film when it opens. 

Trailer Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment