Check Out the Latest

Knives Out - Review: A Modern Take on a Classic Genre

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet - Trailer 2 Review

Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet - Trailer 2 Review




The second trailer for Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet has arrived. Does it deliver? 

Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed the first Wreck-It Ralph entry and was always anticipating the second one. Albeit this sequel this a little late, the fact that it's here brings me a lot of joy, as does this trailer. 

On its own, this trailer is pretty brilliant. The little gag about the Disney princesses always needing to be rescued was genius, and seeing Ralph interact with the Google search did give me a couple chuckles. The entire concept of Ralph heading into the internet is, in it of itself, is a great idea, and I am genuinely excited to see the film. 

My ONE hesitation with the film, by no fault of the film or the trailer, is the overuse of cross-product promotion. For example, when Ralph first entered the Internet, I immediately got The Emoji Movie vibes. While I'm sure that this film has been in development far longer than that film, and Disney probably handled this a lot better, I can't help but worrying that the film will rely on those gags for the entirety of the runtime. 

Did it Raise Excitement? While this trailer didn't raise my excitement, it didn't quite lower it either. It was a great trailer that simply reinforced my excitement for the film.

Trailer Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment